“Independence is priceless… We make it affordable”
The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation provides a way for people with disabilities to buy the Assistive Technology devices they need through affordable loans.
Assistive Technology is any device or service which helps a person with a disability live more independently and productively.
Assistive Technology Devices include:
- Cars and vans which have or need specialized equipment so a person with a disability can drive or ride in it
- Specialized equipment to be installed in a car or van
- Computers with special software or hardware
- Ramps and wider doorways so you can get into and move about your home
- Hearing, vision, and communication aids
Assistive Technology Services include:
- Training to use Assistive Technology devices
- Maintenance and / or repair of an Assistive Technology device
The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation offers:
- Lower interest rates that those you can get from a bank
- Help from the PATF to get a loan if our bank will not approve your loan application
Who can apply for a loan?
Any Pennsylvania resident with a disability or older Pennsylvanian who needs Assistive Technology may be eligible for a loan.
Family members may apply for children or for other family members with a disability.
How much can I borrow?
You may request a loan of up to $60,000.
What is the interest rate of these loans?
- Interest rates are lower than those available from banks.
- Interest rates will change from time to time, so you should ask for the current rate when you apply for a loan.
How much time will I have to pay off the loan?
This depends upon the type of Assistive Technology you purchase with you loan. For example, loans for computers must be paid off in three years, while loans for new adapted cars or vans must be paid off in seven years.
Mini Loan/Mini Grant
The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation now offers a Mini Loan/Mini Grant program for Assistive Technology. This loan is for amounts between $100 and $1000 and is repaid at 0% interest. Applicants may have up to three years to pay off this loan. Qualified applicants may receive up to half of their loan amount given to them as a grant.
For more information:
For a contact locally, you can email Abbie Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (412) 371-6954.
To contact PATF:
Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation
1004 West 9th Avenue
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Contact the PATF toll free at:
View their web site at:
or e-mail PATF at: